If you want to let others know about wlsfoodpicks, feel free to share a link to this site.
Here are some high protein, low calorie choices at home.
Eggs: boiled, salad, deviled, scrambled, bites (some wls patients have problems with eggs so proceed with caution)
- I like to keep boiled eggs in the fridge so I'm not caught off guard when running late.
- Frozen Fully Cooked Chicken heats up in the microwave in 2 minutes. These are my fave at 110 calories and 24 g protein. 3-4 ounces
- My favorite is the 4 pack of 4 ounce containers of the honey flavor by Oikos (Stonyfield Farms Organic). 4 ounes is just the right amount for me. 90 calories and 10 g protein.
Cottage Cheese: The best I have found. I get the 2%.
Light Laughing Cow Cheese -
- Blue Cheese and Queso Fresco are my faves. 35 calories and 2 g protein
- I like to buy the microwavable cups of chili for when I don't have some in the freezer or get caught at work without a good wls option.
lentils: like in lentil stew
quinoa: good recipe for quinoa.
- Gorton's Grilled Tilapia microwaveable 80 calories, 14 g protein